Mindfulness has become a popular term at the intersection of modern science and ancient traditions. The age-old human quest to understand the mind combined with modern research has given rise to a variety of practices that can deliver benefits in our daily lives.
What exactly mindfulness is and how to practice and teach it in the context of yoga is the focus of this two part training.
- Current research on mindfulness and modern neuroscience, looking at therapeutic applications and brain function
- The other foundations of mindfulness (mind and dharmas), with a focus on mental noting
- Practice teaching a short course in Mindfulness
- Understand the history and theories of mindfulness in yoga, early buddhism and modern science
- Learn mindfulness techniques and how to incorporate them in your teaching of both asana and meditation
- Gain the tools to structure and teach a short mindfulness course
DATES AND TIMES
Saturday and Sunday, 7-8 December, 8am – 6pm
- 200hr teacher training certification
- Mindfulness Workshop Part I
£275 (or £495 for this and the Mindfulness Part I workshop)