Build a strong yoga practice from the ground up, learning the fundamentals of Lumi Power Yoga Classes and the ins and outs of core poses. You will gain new tools to build confidence in the basic yoga poses and enhance your practice powerfully.
You can join this workshop via Zoom or in-person at the studio.
- 5 pillars of the practice: gaze, breath, foundation, flow and heat
- Simple distinctions for safe alignment and transitions, in particular downdog, low plank, updog and warriors
- Practice and personal exploration of effective modifications
At Lumi, we want to make the practice of power yoga accessible to everybody, leaving students feeling empowered. You will:
- Establish a strong foundation for your practice
- Build confidence to attend every class, including how to modify your practice to make it work for you
- Gain a better understanding of the flow and transitions
- Discover a new depth in your pose and your flow
Nisha is a Lumi trained instructor, and Yoga has given her the opportunity to not only transform in physicality but also brought clarity, helping her to continuously grow with authenticity. She believes the valuable methodology and teachings of Baptiste Yoga are powerful tools, and allow her to access poses with integrity.
She is excited to share the basics with you – as through her own journey she discovered that letting go of the need to have the ‘perfect pose’ shifted her practice to a place that built strong foundations. Understanding the importance of modifications and alignment has given her space to create and she would love to inspire you to do the same.
Expect to move, breathe and have lots of fun discovering your own physical practice.