Mindfulness has become a popular term at the intersection of modern science and ancient traditions. The age-old human quest to understand the mind combined with modern research has given rise to a variety of practices that can deliver benefits in our daily lives.
What exactly mindfulness is and how to practice and teach it in the context of yoga is the focus of this two part training.
- Historical origins and background of Mindfulness, including passages from the Buddhist Sutta collection, the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras
- The first two foundations of mindfulness (body and sensation/feeling)
- Self-practice and teaching
- Understand the history and theories of mindfulness in yoga, early buddhism and modern science
- Learn mindfulness techniques and how to incorporate them in your teaching of both asana and meditation
- Gain the tools to structure and teach a short mindfulness course
DATES AND TIMES
Saturday and Sunday, 2-3 November, 8am – 6pm
- 200hr teacher training certification
£275 (or £495 if you also sign-up for the Mindfulness Part II workshop)